RC cordons on moths

Includes Species Profile
Numo1975

Don't know why? But I'm having good success with a pair of rc cordons at the moment using a moth catcher from Bunnings ,
No termites, just a few mealies & moths everyday...they've been in the flight for about 8 weeks & a soon as the moths were introduced they went down....I can hear the young being fed....HAPPY DAYS!
The other pair in the opposite flight still not happening....time for moth introduction!
Deano
Redwing

Well done Deano. A few people have been talking about feeding their birds moths lately so I bought one of the Bunnings $25 bug catchers. Would have preferred to get the solar powered one but the smaller one was cheaper and had a lift out tray so compromised and bought that one. It 's taken just over a week for the birds to show any interest and it's the painteds who are the most enthusiastic. Getting heaps of tiny moths each night. It will be interesting to see if there's any change in breeding rates with the moths, don't like to put too many mealworms in as I have Parott finches. Let us know how your other pair of cordons go Deano.

Return to “Red Cheeked Cordon”