Green-backed Purple-breasted Gouldians

Includes Species Profile.
TomDeGraaff

I don't quite get what you are saying, Craig.

Maybe I'm a bit slow but Mark's comments seem consistent with Tiaris'. :huh:

Tom
Craig52

Tiaris wrote:
Craig52 wrote:
Tiaris wrote:I don't even think WBs have the normal green back - more an olive shade.
I really don't know about that but you would think they would be slightly lighter in the back.The single factor Euro cocks back is transferred to yellow if it has a white breast so it looks like the WB retards darker colours. Craig
The green is definitely different in a WB compared to a normal. Next time you see a WB & normal side-by-side take note of the shade of green on both. I'm not saying it is darker in WB just more of an olive/khaki shade rather than the bright grassy green of a normal Gouldian. Have a good look next time.[/quote
AMCA26 wrote:U r right Tiaris, I agree with specially the hens in WB Greenbacks they are lighter. I believe it slightly changes the back colour of Blues also compared to PB Blues.
G'day Tom,compare the quotes above,Tiaris says darker and Mark says lighter but Mark quotes Tiaris as saying lighter :wtf: :wave: Craig
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't give a toss how people choose to describe the Gouldians they are selling or wanting to buy or swap. As long as I can understand what they have/want. This is the land of the free. So lets all be free to do what works, as long as it is not fraudulent.
LML
LML
elferoz777

If we invested as much effort into other things as people have over this post many of the world's aviculture issues would be solved.

Who gives what people call them.

FB put it well.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
Tiaris

Craig52 wrote:
Tiaris wrote:
Craig52 wrote:
Tiaris wrote:I don't even think WBs have the normal green back - more an olive shade.
I really don't know about that but you would think they would be slightly lighter in the back.The single factor Euro cocks back is transferred to yellow if it has a white breast so it looks like the WB retards darker colours. Craig
The green is definitely different in a WB compared to a normal. Next time you see a WB & normal side-by-side take note of the shade of green on both. I'm not saying it is darker in WB just more of an olive/khaki shade rather than the bright grassy green of a normal Gouldian. Have a good look next time.[/quote
AMCA26 wrote:U r right Tiaris, I agree with specially the hens in WB Greenbacks they are lighter. I believe it slightly changes the back colour of Blues also compared to PB Blues.
G'day Tom,compare the quotes above,Tiaris says darker and Mark says lighter but Mark quotes Tiaris as saying lighter :wtf: :wave: Craig
I never said darker at all Craig. In fact I specifically stated "I'm not saying it is darker...". I said it was a different shade of green, not that it is darker. Just look at two specimens side-by-side in the flesh & see for yourself.
Craig52

It's ok guys,i surrender :lol: Craig
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mother and I sort our Gouldians annually, look at what we each have and want to keep. Do a little swapping then sell off the spares. We do this later than many people, but won't sell uncoloured birds. Well we have been doing this over the last couple of weeks. And I took a couple of RH PB GB hens over to Mum and she says "The purple on those birds is brighter than mine, almost as bright as the cocks." I told her i had to really look at these two hens to decide they were hens, as first glance I though they were cocks. We put them in a breeding box to look at them next to some of her birds and being a budgie breeder and used to accessing all aspects of a bird. Not just looking at the head and chest which many Gouldian breeders seem to do. She imediately said, those birds are dark factor not light factor, that is the difference. Yes the backs on these hens is olive green. They are sisters from a RH cock and a OH hen who have produced all 3 head colours in their daughters but only OH sons.
LML
LML

Return to “Gouldian”