Parblue Gouldians

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
Blue Cuban

Regarding true blue scarlet's they do exist and there is a Dutchman called Pim here in WA outside of Perth breeding them I've seen them and even brought a pair.

As for a true albino coming to the seen in Gouldians once a true blue is establish I argue this due to a true albino is a single mutation on its own, all we as breeders would be doing is creating a phenotype of a albino when it's genotype is a blue Lutino.

Albinism happens when one of several defects happen meaning it's different to a blue Lutino that requires two defects/mutations.

Rich.
Hobby finch Keeper
TomDeGraaff

Hi Blue Cuban.
Very pleased to know that a true blue scarlet has turned up. Good luck with your birds.
I agree. We shouldn't be calling blue lutino birds albino. It gives the wrong impression. I reckon you're right to call them blue lutino so people don't get the wrong idea.

if you mate two so-called "albino" birds together, you will gwt 1 in 16 young on average being "albino.
If albino was a single gene, the same mating should produce 1 in 4 on average albino.

I fell for the "call them albino" trick!! Sorry!
branchez

Blue Cuban wrote:Regarding true blue scarlet's they do exist and there is a Dutchman called Pim here in WA outside of Perth breeding them I've seen them and even brought a pair.

As for a true albino coming to the seen in Gouldians once a true blue is establish I argue this due to a true albino is a single mutation on its own, all we as breeders would be doing is creating a phenotype of a albino when it's genotype is a blue Lutino.

Albinism happens when one of several defects happen meaning it's different to a blue Lutino that requires two defects/mutations.

Rich.
Hi Rich,I would love to see a photo of the Scarlet's if you have one.
Jack
Blue Cuban

Hi Jack,
Ill will see what I've got they where short lived my hen died and I sold the cock but do remember taking pics when I first purchased them.

Rich.
Hobby finch Keeper

Return to “Mutation Finches”