Tricolor Mannikins

Includes Species Profile
ranasrule

Hello all....I'm thinking about buying these birds (please see video)...what would be a fair price ? Are they a rare breed ? I have experience with a few species of finches but have nver seen these ? How much would a pair set me back in Australia (approximately)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfCJz_tgiC0
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They are around $80/90pr in Qld....reasonably hard to get...and a lot have been hybridised with the other two (white and black headed nuns)so some are not pure which is a shame....know one bloke in Rocky who thinks its great to keep them all in the same aviary and doesn't care if they cross...shame really :think:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
ranasrule

vettepilot_6 wrote:They are around $80/90pr in Qld....reasonably hard to get...and a lot have been hybridised with the other two (white and black headed nuns)so some are not pure which is a shame....know one bloke in Rocky who thinks its great to keep them all in the same aviary and doesn't care if they cross...shame really :think:

$80/90 per bird or for a pair ?
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ranasrule wrote:
vettepilot_6 wrote:They are around $80/90pr in Qld....reasonably hard to get...and a lot have been hybridised with the other two (white and black headed nuns)so some are not pure which is a shame....know one bloke in Rocky who thinks its great to keep them all in the same aviary and doesn't care if they cross...shame really :think:

$80/90 per bird or for a pair ?
Pair :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
ranasrule

thanks mate

Return to “Tri Coloured Nun”