two toned zebs?

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
escapin

I've found a zeb wandering around my aviary thats two toned, is this common. I know its regular to have white or charcoal under body and dark top but this is light cream from the wings down, and light grey coloured top.

Sorry about the bad pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
elferoz777

Looks nice regardless.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
bjc787

from the picture i would say you have a dilute blue, when kept in aviaries with access to sunlight the wings become bleached.
escapin

He's only just coloured up and came out of the next with the white wings so I dont think it's bleached.. just a funky zeb
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not the best pic but could he be a dilute blue pied? I have had these, but the pieding was not that even or as large an area. I would certainly try to repeat the breeding.
LML
LML
AMCA26

Dilute Blue with diluted wings or poor colouring of wings. Very common in Dilute Blue. Just remember to breed the correct Zebra Finch to the Show Standard u may only breed 1 out of 100 that is close to the Standard. All colours in the Zebra finches are hard to get the correct bird. I have a Cream Cock bird that is close to being right but do u think he has produced the correct birds to the Standard No. Even the Creams that he throws in cocks have a dark cheek patch like Dark Creams. That's how it goes. Make sure u actually put him to a Grey Hen.
Breeding Show Zebra Finches, Blue Gouldians, Pied Orange Breast.
escapin

thanks for the more technical response .. I'm just a backyard hack and have no desire to show or try and compete with the serious guys, I just hadnt seen one like it before. Most serious finch breeders would probably be horrified at my basic overcrowded setup, but I like it :D

Return to “Mutation Finches”