who said gouldians are delicate?

Includes Species Profile.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Have I got my wires crossed? Thought silver was from blue and EY crossing?
LML
LML
Craig52

finchbreeder wrote:Have I got my wires crossed? Thought silver was from blue and EY crossing?
LML
You did say green to green FB.

This topic has gone way off topic if you want to continue on genetics for budgies and gouldians please start a new topic. Craig
werty

Craig52 wrote:
finchbreeder wrote:What Gouldians and Budgies have in common is that any visually green pair that produces silver or white young (the equivalent types) are split blue. And two green budgies with a white toe each are in fact pied not pure green. Congratulations on enjoying the vagaries of genetics.
LML
Definately not FB,silver gouldians can only produced if Euro yellow backs are used, you cannot get a split for EY in a green backed gouldian.

By the way Werty,i'm still waiting for pics of your silver young and their parents. Craig
Not a problem

Can you change this site so i can post the pics I have taken with my samsung
Blue Cuban

Partially right.
Silvers don't come from blue birds because blue birds are actually green genetically.
You need the to have a yellow bird that display's the blue gene.

In way calling it the blue gene is wrong, would we be calling it the silver gene if it first appeared on a yellow bird? ... Lol

Hope this helps
Rich.
Hobby finch Keeper
Pictorella

werty wrote:
Craig52 wrote:
finchbreeder wrote:What Gouldians and Budgies have in common is that any visually green pair that produces silver or white young (the equivalent types) are split blue. And two green budgies with a white toe each are in fact pied not pure green. Congratulations on enjoying the vagaries of genetics.
LML
Definately not FB,silver gouldians can only produced if Euro yellow backs are used, you cannot get a split for EY in a green backed gouldian.

By the way Werty,i'm still waiting for pics of your silver young and their parents. Craig
Not a problem

Email the pictures to yourself. Once on your pc open the pics in paint, resize appropriately, save, and post. Easy. size 640 x 427 jpg
A world without birds is a world not worth living in :)
Blue Cuban

Hey Werty,

Any dramas reducing the size of pics send them to me I'm happy to help, just pm me for details.

Rich.
Hobby finch Keeper
werty

Pictorella wrote:
werty wrote:
Craig52 wrote:
LML

Not a problem

Email the pictures to yourself. Once on your pc open the pics in paint, resize appropriately, save, and post. Easy. size 640 x 427 jpg
I dont use a pc when im on this forum

I use a samsung s3
werty

Blue Cuban wrote:Hey Werty,

Any dramas reducing the size of pics send them to me I'm happy to help, just pm me for details.

Rich.
How do I send the pics to you in a private message?

They wont load up
werty

Blue Cuban wrote:Partially right.
Silvers don't come from blue birds because blue birds are actually green genetically.
You need the to have a yellow bird that display's the blue gene.

In way calling it the blue gene is wrong, would we be calling it the silver gene if it first appeared on a yellow bird? ... Lol

Hope this helps
Rich.
So it impossible for 2 green gouldians to produce a blue gouldian?

That is what I though. However I have produced blues and yellows
Tiaris

No, 2 green birds (split to blue) will produce blues.

Return to “Gouldian”