First WEs

Normal and White Eared.
Includes Species Profiles.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

iaos wrote:Had some bad luck with this lot. One of the young disappeared about a week after fledging. More unfortunate and frustrating, the hen escaped yesterday. I didn't realise she was in the safety cage with me... I'm guttered and so pissed off with myself.

A few ups and downs with my other pair, found a tossed chick 3 or 4 days ago, looked to be a week off fledging bit this morning one chick had flown the nest.

Cheers Ian
Sorry to hear :( hope they do a better job next round.. :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
SteveP

Bugger about losing your breeder!

I too continue to struggle with white ears. I had a clutch of 6 fledge in April which I was over the moon about and lost 5 of them over the next few days after fledging. More recently they had a clutch of 3 about 12 days old and threw them out 1 by 1 starting yesterday.... All 3 dead on the floor un fed. So annoyed especially after fledging 6 their first time.

They had gentles, termites and greens available. I can't work them out. I've struggled with them for about 5 years now and only got half a dozen young birds to maturity.

Steve
Craig52

Do you guys supply Emu feathers/white chook feathers and crushed charcoal, they are just simple things that might help to fledge a few young. Craig
SteveP

Hi Craig,

Thanks. Mine have charcoal available all the time, crushed cuttlefish which they seem to like and white down feathers as well as kapok which they also love.

They are such a beautiful bird, hence why I have persisted with them but very, very testing!

Steve

Return to “Masked”