My blue headed gould (light blue)

Includes Species Profile.
elferoz777

Bred this guy last year.

His brothers had no difference to a normal bird.

His father had a nice red suffusion bar and reddy orange feathers on the back of the head.

This guy below had a poor season this year.

I will keep him for now.

He has won a show for me already and is a small bird like gould should be. I will get a better shot soon and possibly use a camera instead of my phone. I used my jumper to darken the background so his colours stood out.

His offspring that did survive has a tendency to show under belly markings similar to an uncoloured blue bird.

A few of us at my finch club thought his offspring were different. I sold/donated them to members of my finch club so I can get access to their offspring if need be.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice looking colour. Hope he has a good season next time. What did he produce in young? Type and sex?
LML
LML
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What an interesting colour, nice :)
elferoz777

finchbreeder wrote:Nice looking colour. Hope he has a good season next time. What did he produce in young? Type and sex?
LML
He produced mostly males. The ones that made it out of the nest before they died looked like young blues with light green backs. Shame I lost all young this season.

His siblings were an interesting colour. Lighter underbelly with light heads.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.

Return to “Gouldian”