Keeping Gouldians in Perth

Includes Species Profile.
werty

E Orix wrote:Werty
I hear what you are saying but remember Sydney's climate is a lot more humid and milder that Perth or even where I live.
With your aviary situated under an awning it gets plenty of sunshine but also protection from the sun.
If I had your aviary(without the awning) then I doubt if one bird would survive our summer, it would be just like an oven.
Keeping Gouldians is not just sunshine and warmth, it is protection from cool/cold air movement.
My Gouldians do quite well in open planted aviaries but they also have areas where they can get where the air is still same temp
but no air movement. Frequently my Gouldians and other birds need the water containers to be cleared of ice so they can bath.
The climate where they originated can get very cold at not but no wind.
Understood

Thats why I have 2 sections

1 section for direct sunlight all day with open wire for air movement

1 section enclosed for shade and no air movement

This way the goulds can choose what environment they need

And this set up is working perfectly

I was only responding to rich in regards to direct sunlight

He assumed the roof will block direct sun to the perches
Blue Cuban

werty wrote:
That's why I have 2 sections

Lol.... Confirming my point that your birds are not in direct sunlight all day..... :crazy:

Rich.
Hobby finch Keeper
werty

Blue Cuban wrote:
werty wrote:
That's why I have 2 sections

Lol.... Confirming my point that your birds are not in direct sunlight all day..... :crazy:

Rich.
Confirming your point?...I dont think so

I have always said that I had 2 sections

1 for direct sunlight and 1 for shade

Your point was the sunroom perches dont get direct sunlight

But that point was incorrect.....insert crazy eyes here :lol:
Finnigan

you two need to hug!
Craig52

Finnigan wrote:you two need to hug!
I tend to agree, once again you guys are way off topic in regards to the topic heading.

Werty, we all know you can breed gouldians "in your State" the topic says " in Perth WA.

Rich, We all know you are a well known breeder of gouldians in WA so please direct your posts to help Arcturus breed gouldians in your conditions in WA.

There is a multitude of different characters on this forum and we all need to get along together,if you don't like what someone says IGNORE it and start a new conversation about your finches.

Regards
Craig

Admin
werty

Craig52 wrote:
Finnigan wrote:you two need to hug!
I tend to agree, once again you guys are way off topic in regards to the topic heading.

Werty, we all know you can breed gouldians "in your State" the topic says " in Perth WA.

Rich, We all know you are a well known breeder of gouldians in WA so please direct your posts to help Arcturus breed gouldians in your conditions in WA.

There is a multitude of different characters on this forum and we all need to get along together,if you don't like what someone says IGNORE it and start a new conversation about your finches.

Regards
Craig

Admin
I may not live in wa, but the original poster was worried about heat on the gouldians

So I stuck to the subject matter concerning the heat, and I informed the original poster that gouldians thrive in heat, I was actually helping the bloke out, even provided picks of my setup

The original poster even thanked me, I was on topic regarding the heat question

Then rich decided to ask me a few questions, so I gladly answered them

Return to “Gouldian”