Brand new mutation in Australia

Includes Species Profile.
werty

over on finch forum, wild bill the Gouldian expert says he has developed a brand new Gouldian mutation never seen before

it was a very interesting read, the bloke for some reason really doesn't like the members on this site, he claims the senior members on here are old and stupid :thumbdown:

wild bill considers breeding gouldians is like producing dinosaurs in Jurassic park :wtf:
garyh

Know Wildbill,know where he purchased his limes,unless he has produced a blue -lime then he hasn't bred anything new,as for an expert,i will keep my thoughts to myself,by the way i got on quiet well with WB,garyh
elferoz777

Bill was hilarious, shame he opted out of the forum but I guess its easy to get frustrated with this sometimes as you cant tell to true intent behind some people and their posts.

Lime blue would be a nice looking bird.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
werty

garyh wrote:Know Wildbill,know where he purchased his limes,unless he has produced a blue -lime then he hasn't bred anything new,as for an expert,i will keep my thoughts to myself,by the way i got on quiet well with WB,garyh
that's exactly what he produced, blue -lime :thumbup:

apparently this new mutation is worth $700 a head :shock:

if he has managed to produce a new mutation in only a couple of years, does that mean producing new mutations is easy?
garyh

From what i understood,last year he produced blue split lime,all splits were suppose to have been sold,he was selling these birds at $1500.00 per pair,if he has bred a blue lime i think he would want more than $700.00 for it ,but photo's would be good,as would knowing what color the young are in the nest and on the perch,also the color of the eye's in the first few day's and when fledged,garyh
SamDavis

I wondered what happened to Wildbill. Sorry to hear there was some sort of altercation - I didn't know and don't recall any issues. If you're reading this Wildbill then come on back over, we miss you... :thumbup:
Tiaris

werty wrote:
garyh wrote:Know Wildbill,know where he purchased his limes,unless he has produced a blue -lime then he hasn't bred anything new,as for an expert,i will keep my thoughts to myself,by the way i got on quiet well with WB,garyh

if he has managed to produce a new mutation in only a couple of years, does that mean producing new mutations is easy?
Producing a new mutation is pure luck. Establishing a new combination of existing mutations is not that difficult if you know the modes of inheritance for the source mutations and can control pairings to produce the desired outcome and patiently breed according to a plan. Whether the new combination is sufficiently robust to continue into the future remains to be seen. I wish him well with them but I won't be a buyer.
Blue Cuban

Hopefully pictures will start to circulate proving this claim to be true.
We hold our breath in anticipation of what might be.

Rich.
Hobby finch Keeper
Craig52

Tiaris wrote:
werty wrote:

Producing a new mutation is pure luck. Establishing a new combination of existing mutations is not that difficult if you know the modes of inheritance for the source mutations and can control pairings to produce the desired outcome and patiently breed according to a plan. Whether the new combination is sufficiently robust to continue into the future remains to be seen. I wish him well with them but I won't be a buyer.
Agree Tiaris, it's a combination and i can't see this combination much different than Australian dilute blue combination but pics will determine this. Craig
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Would like to see pics, as is always interesting. WB is a character, enjoyed chatting with him. Pity he left.
LML
LML

Return to “Gouldian”