Brand new mutation in Australia

Includes Species Profile.
garyh

From what i have been told he has bred some double splits and 2 blues,he lost the blues and a couple of the splits,seemed to be no color variation in the blue color,but would have to wait until full color,he posted some photo's of the breeding pairs,a very nice bh wb blue hen with a green ring on it ,wonder where he got that bird :) ,agree with Tiaris easy to put birds together from other peoples stock and say you have bred a new mutation,garyh
garyh

Just read WB's posts on the other site,some great pictures of blues,splits and normal's,he has posted pictures of young blue limes after leaving the nest,interesting if your into the mutation birds,seems he knows a lot about the members on this forum to,garyh
Blue Cuban

garyh wrote:From what i have been told he has bred some double splits and 2 blues,he lost the blues and a couple of the splits,seemed to be no color variation in the blue color,but would have to wait until full color,he posted some photo's of the breeding pairs,a very nice bh wb blue hen with a green ring on it ,wonder where he got that bird :) ,agree with Tiaris easy to put birds together from other peoples stock and say you have bred a new mutation,garyh
I agree Garyh.
Not a thing new here regarding a new mutation, just a collaboration of 2 established mutations. Personally I class a mutation a single gene alteration/defect that can be reproduced consistently in line with already established inherented patterns.
I do hope for wild bill once they colour up there is a visual difference compared to the dilute blue other wise he has done a lot of time consuming hard work for nothing and only added further confusion to the all ready mix gene pool.

Rich.
Hobby finch Keeper
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Read the story on the other forum. Sounds like a work in progress. All good if it works out.
LML
LML
SamDavis

finchbreeder wrote:Would like to see pics, as is always interesting. WB is a character, enjoyed chatting with him. Pity he left.
LML
Agree :thumbup: Seemed like a nice bloke with a bit of get up and g to do things differently.

Return to “Gouldian”