Check out my pale Lilac Breast YB OH Gouldian boy

Includes Species Profile.
Craig52

What ever you put to him in hen WB, the young WB from him will be split for lilac or show signs of partial lilac in their breast. Believe it or not,it's a curse and will eventually ruin all your snow white breasted birds.

Craig
Finchy

Humbug. Sounds like I've been lucky so far then. I knew I had lilac in one of my PB lines, but in my WBs it's new. If I were to find a LB partner for him... How about that? Could be tricky to locate one though.

Also, I'm hoping that any future scruffy colouring can be selected out. I've achieved that with my RH hens - they have unusually nice clean red heads, with very rarely any black scruffying them up.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Like Craig says to get lilac put him to white breasted. Then do it again. Then (feel free to ignore this suggestion) put half sibs together. Quickest way to achieve this. Obviously using nice heathy unrelated hens to him both times. But if you do not put the sibs together you will need an outcross lilac breasted. And so as not to "contaminate" any other types. Make this a seperate project and don't use the lilacs or split lilacs into other whites.
LML
LML
Finchy

Thanks fb. Noted :thumbup:.

Return to “Gouldian”