Oh no

Black Bellied & White Bellied.
Includes Species Profile
Craig52

Only less red on the chest Tiaris, Many years ago i did see some cock birds in some ones aviaries and was reminded by Arthur, that looked like they had little red jackets on. They were magnificent looking birds with snow white bellies, doesn't happen in the wild but can be bred for this feature by selecting both sexes visually. If you look at the pic with the two pr, the pr on the right (if not related) have the feature especially the hen as the white goes up higher and cuts off square across the top. Craig.

Just checked, those two birds on the rhs are siblings but there's plenty to choose from.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks Craig. I like the look you are breeding. And the hen sure is paler than the others. Interesting about the genetics though. Maybe a genuine first mutation dilute. Just your luck?
LML
LML
VR1Ton

All of those birds are no good, so you'll have to send her & her parents up to me so you don't contaminate your gene pool. You'd also have to send up a couple of unrelateds just in case :D
greenclose

Very nice birds.There seems to be more people breeding the white bellied bloods which is great.There must be at least 10 breeders.
GouldianGuy

Craig52 wrote:
elferoz777 wrote:Question .

Do you keep star finches with the crimsons?
No they are sole occupants in each aviaryIMG_0100.jpg That hen is in the second aviary from the right, not a good pic though.
Are those 4 separate aviaries? (I like the colours, and the grasses! very cool!)
Craig52

Yes they are and they are duplicated on the rhs with a bird room in the centre, all up 8 breeding prs as sole occupants. Craig
GouldianGuy

With respect to genetics, females carry only one sex chromosome so they "technically" can only get sex linked genes from dad.

As far as I'm aware the finches Y chromosome (which distinguishes it as female) has no real genes related to appearance.

This is either a de novo mutation that is autosomal dominant or it is a recessive gene that just happens to exist in your male as well.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Logically the bird has to be some form of recessive that both parents have. How are mum and daughter going Craig? Any further lovely dilutes? :silent:
LML
LML
Craig52

finchbreeder wrote:Logically the bird has to be some form of recessive that both parents have. How are mum and daughter going Craig? Any further lovely dilutes? :silent:
LML
I have those two hens set with unrelated cocks set up at the moment fb, just have to wait and see if it is recessive or not. I'm not fussed with what they produce as next year all young will be sold after years of getting them to where i am now. Craig
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I hope that is for good reasons like a new species to save/revuventate. Not 'cause of anything not going well in your life. :flower:
LML
LML

Return to “Crimson”