"Biscuit" Yellow RFPF

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Red, Orange and Yellow head. Definately different.
LML
LML
GouldianGuy

This is awesome! Evolution/mutation in action!
hanabi

Would this be the same "Biscuit" yellow mutation?

http://asadachojutrading.jp/images/bird ... tfinch.jpg

Looks like a normal green rather than seagreen, and it is pied, but the mask looks a similar colour to the Aussie Biscuit yellow . This image is from a bird importer here, and this RFPF would have been imported from Europe (usually Belgium).

Another dealer here states that he saw images, from Europe, of the Biscuit yellow mutation some years ago, but they were having trouble breeding it and thus it was prohibitively expensive to import.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Could be. But as all the feathers round the head are white, more likely it has a pied head.
LML
LML
hanabi

Finchbreeder,

But as all the feathers round the head are white, more likely it has a pied head.

So are you suggesting that this RFPF is a seagreen, and the normally orange head colour may have changed to a more yellower hue due to it being pied?

Cheers,

Ross
arthur

To my eyes the green of the 'Aussie Biscuit Yellow' is not the same as sea-green, but closer to sea-green than 'normal' green

Whereas the green in Hanubi's pic seems closer to 'normal' green

The yellow though seems very close to the yellow of the Aussie Biscuit

Different lighting, cameras, etc can cause different effects

And getting back to the pics of the Aussie Biscuits . . and NOMB I admit . . but I would have the birds in a more controlled situation if trying to establish a new mutation, so that there would be no chance of confusing blood-lines
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The pied could be either seagreen or normal green, hard to be sure, it is just so heavily pied that the yellow head and rump are also pied. But Parrott finches are not something I am experienced with. Just going on visuals. While the Aussie Biscuit is to my eyes, a dilute as it is neither normal or seagreen in its green.
LML
LML
Craig52

finchbreeder wrote: 25 Apr 2017, 15:16 The pied could be either seagreen or normal green, hard to be sure, it is just so heavily pied that the yellow head and rump are also pied. But Parrott finches are not something I am experienced with. Just going on visuals. While the Aussie Biscuit is to my eyes, a dilute as it is neither normal or seagreen in its green.
LML
No i don't agree with dilute FB, imo i think the Aussie biscuit is heading more towards a blue bodied bird of the seagreen. It's a similar feature of the red headed blue gouldian where the head colour goes to a biscuit colour.
The normal green biscuit faced bird in that pic could be a yellow face similar to the yellow star,yellow painted and yellow headed gouldian and yellow diamond so quite possible a different mutation again. Craig
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Had another look. :think: The body colour is bluer in the first pic of the thread and remains pretty similar to the normal redhead in the last pic on the thread. Oh dear. So you could be right or it could be similar to the difference between Red and Yellow headed Gouldians. :think:
LML
LML
Stu

Bumping this old thread, wondering if there has been any success.

Return to “Mutation Finches”