"Biscuit" Yellow RFPF

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
arthur

Money is the only thing that drives most human activity . .

Most people would not get out of bed every morning and go to work, if they weren't being paid to do so . .

And . .

It is not immoral to make money out of breeding birds, any more than it is immoral to make money out of breeding any other form of livestock

" The best blessing is when the work that you do is the hobby you love"

BC, is money is the only thing that drives you to breed mutations?
Blue Cuban

The only thing money drives me to do is work, as for mutations (blues) I give them away but make sure I sell enough to cover expenses.
Hobby finch Keeper
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

With a new mutation. The wise course of action is to decide if you will or can give it the effort it requires. If you will not or can not, then selling it to someone who can and will is the right course of action. Regardless of money.
LML
LML
Curly

Stunning looking bird....hope you do well with the breeding of this mutation
Congratulations
Wally Waxbill

Sorry to reply after all the excitement has gone down - I only stumbled across the post now. If I may add my opinion about the new mutation of the parrot finch : Firstly I am of the opinion that the bird is a combo of 2 mutations (one being new) and not a new mutation as a whole. The first part is that she is a seagreen (already established mutation) which she could only inherit from her father (him being a split) secondly, I believe the second mutation to be a "yellow" mutation which replaces all the red with yellow - that is the new mutation - and I would bet it would be autosomal recessive (as in stars, Gouldians, diamonds) So my question is what would it look like if the seagreen was eliminated and it was seen in its purist form? Would it be a normal green bird with a yellow head - or more likely orange? I would pair the daughter to the father, as if I'm guessing right here, that will yield 50% yellow faced birds. Unfortunately this will also produce 50% seagreen in both sexes, so the possibility would be around 25% normal yellow face - so one in 4 chicks could prove if my theory is sound - worth a shot I think? Would like to hear your thoughts and hope the new owner is game to try it. Remember at a time when the Zebra had only two mutations (fawn and white) the first dominant silver (blue??) occurred on a fawn yielding it a cream mutation, when in fact it was really a silver on a fawn creating the effect of cream. Hope this info is useful to the breeder.
Craig52

Very well said and my thoughts exactly Wally but the excitement has gone to an unknown breeder whom we hope will stay intouch with the results. Craig
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Obviously the original breeder can kindly ask the new owner to keep us in the loop with progress once progress is made. To me the bird is a Dilute. Dilute is usually a non sex linked recessive. All the red has been taken out, and left the yellow in the head, and the body colour having no red is slightly blueish. So it is a genuine mutation. But that's just my opinion. Hope for an update in 6/12 months time.
LML
LML
matt71

i hope that it did not go to this so called big breeder that most of us know that just buys and sells birds , that would be a shame .
Joseph z

Hi to all at the Aussie finch forum a quick update about the biscuit parrot finch.
All is going well it's been paired up with his Father.
So I can reassure everyone that it hasn't been resoled and I still keep in touch with the new buyer thanks very much for the interest I'll keep you guys informed in the near futurethanks
Joseph z
Craig52

Joseph z wrote:Hi to all at the Aussie finch forum a quick update about the biscuit parrot finch.
All is going well it's been paired up with his Father.
So I can reassure everyone that it hasn't been resoled and I still keep in touch with the new buyer thanks very much for the interest I'll keep you guys informed in the near futurethanks
Joseph z
Thank you very much Joseph, look forward to the results. Have removed the 5 post flag from you,no more approving your posts. :thumbup: Craig

Return to “Mutation Finches”