pied???

Includes Species Profile
Denozo

Hi everyone,
Sorry I know it is a bad picture but just after opinions. Does this bird look pied or could it be a dietary deficiency? It is in a bird shop so I know nothing of its history and I've never never seen a pied before. How common are they?
Denozo

Sorry it wont let me upload. The file is to big and I cant compress on my phone. Will attach later when I get home. The bird looks like it has a white neck ring
Craig52

Without seeing the bird, a lot of waxbills that have plucked or over preened grow back white feathers in that area but you never know as there are pied saints around,looking forward to the pic. Craig
Denozo

Don't hold your breath because my camera phone sucks plus trying to zoom in on a bird that wouldn't sit still makes a very blurry photo but here it is anyway. I couldn't see any white on the feet which now lends me to think it may be like you said Craig a bird that has been feather plucked
WP_20160702_001[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Craig52

Too hard to tell from that pic Denozo but it has a lot of white. Craig
Tiaris

Not the best pic but I'd say it is most likely pied & most likely sick. IMO it would be a gamble to take that bird home.
$bill

I don't even know why you'd ask - i'd take a gamble on it before some-one buys it and if it dies -bad luck and who cares but if it survives your :lol: your gotta take risks and if you don't your :yawn: :crazy:
just buy it
Denozo

I wasn't sure if it was diet induced so I asked. Went back today and it didn't matter because it has been on hold for a few days now. My name is on the list if the person doesn't come and get it though
Tiaris

$bill wrote:I don't even know why you'd ask - i'd take a gamble on it before some-one buys it and if it dies -bad luck and who cares but if it survives your :lol: your gotta take risks and if you don't your :yawn: :crazy:
just buy it
IMO if you deliberately take a sick bird into your existing collection, you're :crazy:
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

From the pic a definate pied. But the pic as you admited is poor, far to poor for me to judge the heath of the bird.
LML
LML

Return to “St Helena Waxbill”