Australian Blue

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
Craig52

Those two pics are the original WA blue which seemed to have disappeared at the time the Euro blue magically appeared. The WA blue was originally taken out of the wild and imo did not make it to the East Coast breeders of gouldians.
It is quite possible that there are splits around of WA blue gouldians that are also split for Euro blue gouldians that can produce a double mutation of both causing the turquoise colour.
Anyway, you have something there that is different and very nice. Craig
Gouldian 3

Yeah, that's an extremely awesome specimen Alvin! The 2 photos above of the Australian Turquoise Blue cock were taken on the same day by 2 different photographers (good friends) at Don Crawford's place to use in the A Guide to... Gouldian Finches and their Mutations book. The Australian Turquoise Blue is nowhere near as spectacular as Alvin's European version but it is nevertheless a very important Gouldian Finch mutation. Peter Bradbury
Blue Cuban

Here we have a normal blue, a SF pastel blue and Alvin's bird. All birds are purple breast. Picture was taken in natural sunlight (no flash).
image.jpeg
Rich.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hobby finch Keeper
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'd go the one on the right every time. Absolutely beautiful. :star:
LML
LML
Craig52

Hi Rich, to me there seems to be three different blues there with the bottom left bird being a darker blue. Maybe just my computer changing the colour. Craig
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Craig52 wrote:Hi Rich, to me there seems to be three different blues there with the bottom left bird being a darker blue. Maybe just my computer changing the colour. Craig

My eyes see 3 different shades of blue too.
alvin

there is a BH DF, the top
Bottom SF RD on the bottom and RH DF on the right
alvin

Here is another pic,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alvin

Just found a pic of the same bird going through its molt
Blue Cuban

image.jpeg
Hobby finch Keeper

Return to “Mutation Finches”