red zebra moulting

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
escapin

Gday
I'm new to breeding red zebs, just got them over winter and settled in and now the breeding has started.

Just wondering does the red intensify much after the first moult? This little one seems to have a fair bit on his back. Just out of the nest today

Also.. do female black body zebs actually have a black front? or are they more like a charcoal look with a bit of black mottling?
20160918_084505.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
elferoz777

Nice!

Is that from the ones i sent up?

The red will increase right up until tge moult is done and a bit after.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That one will be interesting to see in a couple of months time. Charcol hens vary, from similar to but lighter than the cocks to quite lightly mottled.
Having more luck establishing my reds than my charcols at the moment.
LML
LML
escapin

Hi Elf,
That baby isnt from the ones you sent me, but from a bird very similar to the best cockbird you sent me. Some of yours have fledged babies too, I just haven't caught any to checkout yet. I saw some of your birds on your youtube, looking good!

FB.. I've got reds, charcoals and a few randoms. I'm not establishing mine to any set standard, just enjoy breeding them and seeing what comes out of each clutch.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I only breed mine to what I like. But would love to get nice even coloured charcol hens, as I prefer the even colour to the mottled. My experimenting with crossing a couple of types I have is going nowhere at the moment, but hope to come up with something different in time.
LML
LML

Return to “Mutation Finches”