Orange Breast Stumpy Tail

Includes Species Profile
Trigger

Hi Folks,

About half of my OB young (Fledged a couple of months ago) have stumpy tails. Some also have dirty/congested vents. Any ideas on cause/treatment/prognosis? (I'll try and upload some pics)
The birds feast on Lebanese cucumber while the rest of us have to settle for the continental variety...says it all really!
Trigger

Photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The birds feast on Lebanese cucumber while the rest of us have to settle for the continental variety...says it all really!
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Another bird chasing/plucking maybe? As for vents ...don't look that bad to me :eh: Hard to say, need to take pics or check them out from a distance...if anything is a problem they would be fluffed up or wings dropped....but will pull feathers tight to show you they're not ill if you're close... :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Craig52

The vents look ok to me. Are there any other species in with them as to me they look they are being plucked,if so sit down quietly for a while and try to spot the the culprit and remove. Craig
Trigger

Thanks guys. Yes, they are in a holding cage with several other species...mostly gould, ruddies, stars but they was one male Blood in there until yesterday. I'll see if things improve now :thumbup:
matcho

Trigger,
Not being an expert of any kind, but after being on this forum for a few years and hearing some of the birds you mentioned habits they displaylI would say "Blood" finch male, aggressive and catches the smaller bird by the tail.

Just my thoughts

Ken.

Return to “Orange Breasted Waxbill”