5yrs Looking

Includes Species Profile
Lukec

A guy on the Softbills Australia group on Facebook claims to have a pure colony for sale.

Daniel Brighton is his name.
Living In a Unit is Worse Than Being Attached to a Ball and Chain.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lukec wrote:A guy on the Softbills Australia group on Facebook claims to have a pure colony for sale.

Daniel Brighton is his name.
Not on that group. .Thanks I will have to check it out :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
jonno0383

Don't give up yet. I've finally got myself up to 6 birds with no white and more colouring up so hopefully we'll get a few more 'pure' birds going. I have found that you will still produce pied from normals without the white anywhere so I'm unsure of the hereditary nature of the pied mutation
Craig52

jonno0383 wrote:Don't give up yet. I've finally got myself up to 6 birds with no white and more colouring up so hopefully we'll get a few more 'pure' birds going. I have found that you will still produce pied from normals without the white anywhere so I'm unsure of the hereditary nature of the pied mutation
It's autosomal recessive and split birds don't have to be seen as visual pied splits. Dave do you want me to inquire for you on FB and get back to you? Cheers Craig
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That would be great Craig :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Craig52

Have gone in and asked, he has got some. How many do you want and what price are you willing to pay per pr or i will get a phone number for you to deal with him yourself. I've only read his pm but not answered yet. Cheers Craig.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jonno if your normals are breeding pieds they are not normals. They can be pied with one white toe, it does not have to be a feather, that is just the common givaway.
LML
LML
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Phone number would be good thanks Craig :thumbup:
jonno0383

I never said normals only that they are not showing white. with time you can breed away from the recessive gene although there is no guarantee that they will be pure. I'm skeptical of any claim to 'pure' in any bird that has reached this point but that doesn't mean they don't exist and with my objective some will eventually not carry the genes for the mutation which is my end game but time will tell :thumbup:
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you will still produce pied from normals without the white anywhere????
Good luck to you. It is a good thing that you are doing.
LML
LML

Return to “Java Sparrow”