Where are they now?

Darkangel1977

Beutiful shot! Thanks craig
Blue Gouldian Breeder and Bird lover
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If everyone of us chose just one lbj to keep then maybe we could preserve them all. I am rather fond of a couple of the lbj's myself, but can;t keep too many because of the hybidising/lack of avairys problem.
LML
LML
finchbird2015

"Brown Bird Syndrome" yes we have that same problem over here in Kiwiland, a few years ago Plumhead finch numbers were very low but thanks to a few loyal hobbyists the numbers have come back up. But again at the largest bird sale in NZ in april many remained unsold. Colorful Gouidans always do well.
I love the nature of plumheads, i can go into my holding avairy and watch the red face and blue face parrot finches run a 100 miles a hour where the plumheads will just sit there.
escapin

If anyone in gold coast or brissie region has them I'd like a few pair.
SamDavis

toothlessjaws wrote: 25 Apr 2017, 18:42 Personally I think if there is anything to learn form this its the BLOODY IMPORTANCE OF THE NATIONAL FINCH CENUS - and i wish more people shed their paranoia and participated!!
Agree. I'm yet to hear a valid reason for not getting involved - it's anonymous!
If you haven't completed the survey, do it now. Here it is - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NFSAcensus2017
A decent data set leading to reliable statistics will be so useful to the future of aviculture in so many ways.

Sam
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If people can take the colour out of other finches...why cant they put the colour in SB's?? prime example are Zebs..normally grey now almost red orange.... :thumbup: :lol: :lol: then they wouldnt be the brown bird syndrome :lol: :lol:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
E Orix

Off topic but I couldn't agree more, please take note of Toothless and Sam.
The census needs more people adding to it. If you have 2 or 200+ enter them
No one will know who you are but the data is important
E Orix
Tiaris

vettepilot_6 wrote: 27 Apr 2017, 10:30 If people can take the colour out of other finches...why cant they put the colour in SB's?? prime example are Zebs..normally grey now almost red orange.... :thumbup: :lol: :lol: then they wouldnt be the brown bird syndrome :lol: :lol:
many mutations of them established OS.
starman

vettepilot_6 wrote: 27 Apr 2017, 10:30 If people can take the colour out of other finches...why cant they put the colour in SB's?? prime example are Zebs..normally grey now almost red orange.... :thumbup: :lol: :lol: then they wouldnt be the brown bird syndrome :lol: :lol:
Nah...far too much trouble Vp...no need to breed for colour, just dye or paint them in designer colours like they do in some Asian bird markets....impresses the tourists if no one else.
Sm.
Avid student of Estrildids in aviculture.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

starman wrote: 27 Apr 2017, 12:28 Nah...far too much trouble Vp...no need to breed for colour, just dye or paint them in designer colours like they do in some Asian bird markets....impresses the tourists if no one else.
yeah that would work :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :clap:

Tiaris wrote: 27 Apr 2017, 12:02 many mutations of them established OS.
I thought there was...google doesn't bring anything up other than pastels.... :thumbup: :think:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten

Return to “African Silverbill”