Black-throat (Parson) research - Pledge now!

Latest news from the AFF team.
casehulsebosch

Yes Derek,

went quickly through my lot and found some of the Parsons foraging on the ground showed the white rump.
Not obvious when they were "on the perch".

We followed them for the day, nest building, in trees and perched up. Dropping down onto the ground to forage. Sure were parsons!

cheers, Case
gomer

Here is one I found this morning of Parson Rump.The second photo is a diggles rump.
IMGparson_5166.jpg
IMGdigglesrump_2230.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice pics guys. And easy to see why some beginners don't know for sure what they have, until someone more experienced explains how to tell. Also why many non birdos do not see that there is a change in the birds out there in their neirbourhood.
LML
LML
SamDavis

I got 3 pair of Parsons a year or so ago - hadn't kept Parsons (or Diggles) for a number of years. My holding aviary is inside a shed and I've noticed young ones that colour inside are darker than those left to colour outside. This was obvious when I was selecting birds for the Sydney Royal - deciding which ones to put in the competition and which ones to go in the threatened species display aviary.

Thanks to those who have pledged. If you haven't then click the following link. This is a great opportunity to promote aviculture supporting threatened species. You don't have to totally agree/understand this project to agree with that!

CLICK HERE --->> https://pozible.com/project/finches-in- ... ention-dna <<--- CLICK HERE

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”