Australian Finches - Yellow Mutations - Do They Exist?

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
mattymeischke

Pics of yellowbrows and lots of great info:

viewtopic.php?f=111&t=12871
Avid amateur aviculturalist; I keep mostly australian and foreign finches.
The art is long, the life so short; the critical moment is fleeting and experience can be misleading, crisis is difficult....... (Hippocrates)
garyh

I purchased a pair of diamonds a few years back,they produced the yellow diamonds,all up about six birds,got them to about 6 to 8 months of age and then just fall off the perch,lost all of them in the end ,pity they are really stunning looking,also have bred the yellow brows sold a fare few at sales but not really a stand out bird ,sold all the stock to WA so hopefully they are still about,cheers gary
Boma

Just did a bit a of search. There are photos of a Yellow Crimson Finch in the wild under "Australian Finches - Crimson Finch - Crimson Finch Mutation". Sorry I don't know how to do a link.
starman

Boma wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 14:18 Sorry I don't know how to do a link.
Hi Boma,

This is a very simple procedure.

1. Bring up the page you want to share.

2. Left click the cursor in the address bar at one end of the page address, hold down the mouse button as you run the full length of the page address. This will highlight the address with a blue background.

3. With the cursor in the blued out address, right click and select COPY from the
drop down menu.

4. Go to your post on the AFF site, left click where you want the address (link) to appear, right click to bring up the drop down menu, select PASTE.

5. Magically an active link will appear in blue text. Any one clicking the link will be automatically taken to your selected page.

This sounds a bit complicated but once you have done it about a dozen times you will not have to think about it….it will take about 5 seconds per link.
Saves a lot of typing.
Sm.
Avid student of Estrildids in aviculture.
Boma

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=8170&start=20
Thanks Starman. Hopefully this link works - Pics of Yellow Crimson Finch in the wild (apparently they do exist in the wild) and previously posted on AFF.
STUART WHITING

Boma wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 17:51 viewtopic.php?f=101&t=8170&start=20
Thanks Starman. Hopefully this link works - Pics of Yellow Crimson Finch in the wild (apparently they do exist in the wild) and previously posted on AFF.
Yep seems to be working Boma, well done for figuring it out, I've the very same problem as I ain't got a clue how to do links :(

I use an iPad and I presume the controls are probably different to a std computer with the mouse etc, I have to screen shot the page of any particular site so all can view and is then upto the individual to google the site :think:

But in an ideal world the links are obviously far better,

Thanks for sharing

Return to “Mutation Finches”