Red siskin hoods

Includes Species Profile
alvin

I have a cock where the hood goes a lot further down than the other cocks. I have posted pics but it is more noticeable in the aviary when he is with the other cocks. This guy is about 6 months old. Any input from other breeders out there. Bone waiting for your input.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alvin

alvin wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 12:45 I have a cock where the hood goes a lot further down than the other cocks. I have posted pics but it is more noticeable in the aviary when he is with the other cocks. This guy is about 6 months old. Any input from other breeders out there. Bone waiting for your input.
Tiaris

There is some variation with this. Some have a round bottom edge to the hood (usually higher up), & others have a deeper pronounced V going further down, + others in between.
BONE

Sorry Alvin been off here for a little while. I will see if I can check out a few of mine tomorrow including just coloured cocks to see if any variations. I think most of mine have a round hood under bill. Get back to you asap :thumbup:
BONE

Is this a young cock or older?
alvin

This cock is 6 months old
BONE

Hi Alvin my breeders have a round hood but a young cock has a little variation on the bottom like yours but maybe not to that extent. Cheers

Return to “Red Siskin”