W A Fancy Zebra

Includes Species Profile.
Tass

sorry about the overkill , didn't think the first 2 attached
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That is the info I found too. Used to have a couple of Black bodies, but for an apparently dominant bird didnt have any luck breeding them up. While at first it looked like the recessive charcols had also not done much, till now and they are popping up all over, from my splits. Will also have to see what I get with my current birds and a little experimentation. Good luck.
LML
LML
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tass how did you go with this? I have gotten nowhere they are doing little and those they do produce are dilute pieds with no sign of black. Not giving up but.
LML
LML
Tass

Hi F.B

so far not even close . I've put Charcoal's cocks to dark creams hens with light cheeks and dilute blues hens with whitish cheeks. (based on their fathers). Keep breeding these colours plus whites and cfws. (the hidden traits)
I've just moved house , culled a lot of birds, currently building a aviary and will finish it this weekend Kept one young bird out of the ones that I bred , cream body with white wings, its still colouring up and havn't had a good look at it, so might just be a cream.

So I've kept 3 charcoal cocks , 1 dilute blue hen and 3 dark cream hens for this project , and once settled I'll look for white cheeked birds as its the white cheeks on the black body that I like
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You haven't thought of building a number of smaller avairys that you can put 3 pair in each of? I think that is what I would do if I started again. Then you can have greater control without having to go to cage breeding. Mind I would still want at least one big "flock" avairy. Hope the building goes well for you.
LML
LML
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Have put this project aside for now. Just concentrating on increasing the black on my birds for now. How about you Tas?
LML
LML

Return to “Zebra”