Need Help to ID Gouldian Mutation

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
trendsetter

DSC_7708.jpg
This little one is only a few weeks old. I have never had mutations since 1995 other than some white breasts in recent years. I suspect Dad is a yellow headed white breast who partnered a normal coloured hen. Even though so young can anyone guess what this one is? In the nest it stood out so white!

Thank you.

Paul.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
garyh

Pretty sure its an australian yellow,garyh
Craig52

Agree with Gary, Australian Yellow so both parents are split for AY. Craig
trendsetter

Thank you Gary and Craig!

From looking at images I suspected it might be but I wasnt sure. :thumbup:
fastjools

I must admit to being unsure of what type my yellows are? What is the difference between the EY and the AY?
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fastjools wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 16:09 I must admit to being unsure of what type my yellows are? What is the difference between the EY and the AY?
European yellow is a sex linked gene while the Australian yellow is a recessive gene.

The Australian yellows generally have faint green streaks in their back, while the Euro yellow are more purely coloured. I believe Australian yellows also always have a white breast (please correct me if wrong) and white throats.
Craig52

These days Australian Yellows look more like pieds with varying shades of yellow and white with back being yellow with but not always green or dark green or sometimes a grey/black streaks. They should have a pure white breast but can have part purple and white breast. The young in the nest look pied being grey/green with white patches and mostly white headed, they can't produce back so black headed birds are white headed or white headed with a patch of black which is usually in the lower cheek of the white which contradicts what i said earlier about can't produce black.
Splits are visual, most but not all have yellow patch on the neck and or a white bib under the lower mandible but splits can also look like a normal coloured gouldian. The original AY looked very similar to a Double factor Euro yellow with a few green patches in its back and a pure white breast of which is a different mutation to the common white breasted bird.
The Australian Yellow is my favorite gouldian mutation mainly due to its wide variations in pied like colouring. Craig
nxe04d

A new Fledgling
39286383_248815989101162_589796934995148800_n.jpg
Aussie Yellow Adult Hen
DSC08512 (3).jpg
An Adult Cock
Best BH Cock.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I love them guys nxe. Always did like Aussie yellow - and always considered them recessive pieds. Yours are particularly attractive specimens.
LML
LML
nxe04d

Hi Finchbreeder Thanks for the compliments. Aussie Yellows are my favourite Gouldian Mutation. The Cock bird was my best 2017 bred cock bird This was taken Nov 2017 when he moulted into his first adult plumage. The new fledgeling is 2018 bred Yellow Head.
Cheers Neil

Return to “Mutation Finches”