$80 for 25kgs

For all your questions about diet and food for your finches
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well the price of Plain canary and white millett in WA is skyrocketing. This price was quoted earlier today.
If you are a farmer in the southern half of WA strongly advise you put 100/1000 acres under birdseed.
LML
LML
Rod_L

There's no rain for the seed to grow tho :)
death to all cats & ants
noah.till

The premium finch mix in Toowoomba, without oilseeds is still fairly reasonable at $46 a 20kg bag
Downs Bird Breeders Association and Queensland Finch Society Member
2018 Australian Birdkeepers Magazine Young Birdkeeper
Javan Munia, Black Rumped Double bar and Aberdeen Breeding Project
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's been raining here off and on all day. While the season is late, it is average rainfall.
LML
LML
Storz

Finchbreeder where abouts is the midwest of West Aust. Can you give me a town name
Brisbane_Finches_333

Here in Brissie we've gotten absolutely no rain, 300mm less than what we're supposed to be getting and 2kg of finch mix is $7, which equates to 20kg being $70 (for reasonable quality) and I think Coles does it for about $6 per 2kg which would mean 20kg is $60.
Aidan [] Junior Moderator [] Breeder of Native and Foreign Finches
Queensland Finch Society Member
2019 ABK Magazine Young Birdkeeper Winner
Rod_L

We haven't had bugga all rain in Perth and Mandurah this year. Even the wind has changed. It's normally windy for 9 months of the year in Mandurah where I am now but this year we have had about 1 month with wind and the rest has been absolutely dead calm. And I am 100 meters from the ocean.

The flying ants left early too this year. They were swarming a couple of weeks ago and a crow was sitting on my driveway picking them up 1 at a time as they were coming out. He had a great time. :)
death to all cats & ants
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Finchbreeder where abouts is the midwest of West Aust. Can you give me a town name"
The City of Greater Geraldton - previously the City of Geraldton and Shire of Greenough. Which is a City in theory more than practice. Lots of our so called City is farmland. Which is great by me but the name gives a false impresion. Come and buy yourself 3/3.5 hectares for $150,000 - mixed farming, fishing and mining area. But the mining went down the gurgler along with the price of property a couple of years ago. So now it's all lovely and cheap and a great place to live and retire. And the mining is slowly recovering.
LML
LML
Sapperfinch

Only the wind will blow the dog off the chain
Gero is called Windy City for a reason
And yes seed is getting out off control in price
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ah but that is why Windsurfers come (or they did before covid) from round the world to Windsurf at Coronation Beach and Back Beach. The 1st is between Gero and Northampton, the 2nd is right in the City, but not too close to housing. We are also called Sun City because it has finally cooled down to 24 degrees at 6.34PM.
Paid $66 for a 20KG bag of "Club Special" budgie mix the other day. A couple of big breeders here negotiated for this mix at this price for them and those in the know. As mother was one of those breeders, I am in the know. :D Has been a pretty good growing year here in 2021 - unfortunately, the mouse plague is just ramping up :mouse: Poisoning time for the next few months.
Mind you the cost of housing has started to creep up again $289,00 will get you a small 3 bed house on 243/424sq mtrs, and if you want something built you need to book a year in advance. The builders have not yet caught up with all the damage from the April Cyclone. One of the disadvantages of the "bush" it takes a while to get people and materials to all locations.
LML

Return to “Diet & Food”