For when the Forum is Quiet - News from Your collection

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mums first 2 young Gouldians are out. Unfortunately they are green backs, so as parents are both splits?? My Zebs are breeding slowly. We both have young quail in the some of the colours we have been working for. Now if I just knew what those sneaky Double Bars and Gouldians were doing - apart from demanding grass - somewhere up above my head is the answer.
LML
LML
JustPerching

Good news to keep me sane while hunkered down trying to avoid the virus. My Parrot Finches are becoming more trusting every day & breeding. 1st clutch 1 chick, 2nd clutch 3 chicks & hen has just gone down to lay again so fingers crossed.
RFPF_PairTwo.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congratulations. I've always struggled to get the parrotfinches to do consistent larger clutches. Sounds like yours are on their way to becoming solid breeders.
elferoz777

Some of my favourites from late 2019 and early 2020 breeding
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Elf I like them. :thumbup:
LML
LML
elferoz777

finchbreeder wrote: 11 Apr 2020, 23:32 Elf I like them. :thumbup:
LML
thanks. 2 and 5 are my favourites. im trying to get the yellow mosaic pattern on a green or blue ground bird. been told it cant be done but i did it before. the resulting male had badly splayed legs so was no good. the hen was a sattinette yellow mosaic. the green yellow mosaic is a poor shot n it was young then it molted into a nice gold yellow colour.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

been told it cant be done but i did it before.
Mum has that situation with her budgies. "It's not possible to breed an Opaline with a clean mantle, they all have some black there." Not all hers do.
So glad you are both persistent about achieving the "impossible".
I particularly like the bird in Pic 2 first group as well.
LML
LML
elferoz777

finchbreeder wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 17:58 been told it cant be done but i did it before.
Mum has that situation with her budgies. "It's not possible to breed an Opaline with a clean mantle, they all have some black there." Not all hers do.
So glad you are both persistent about achieving the "impossible".
I particularly like the bird in Pic 2 first group as well.
LML
Yeh 2 is going to be my genesis bird. It has the yellow mosaic gene in there and will be put over a few hens I have that may produce what I am after.

I just hope I can re-create what I had, the birds that produced the above were white ground red mosaic hen under a sattinette cock. Issue with him being ready eye is I cant tell what his base colour was, I can only imagine it was green
Brisbane_Finches_333

Finally - my first baby plumhead fledged (prematurely - but dad is taking care of him) 2 days ago! Also, the Gouldians have very loud young and the Orange Breasts may or may not have young, but I'm not sure. The ruddies and cubans are both building a second nest after failed attempts.
Aidan [] Junior Moderator [] Breeder of Native and Foreign Finches
Queensland Finch Society Member
2019 ABK Magazine Young Birdkeeper Winner
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Congratulations. My stupid gouldians who have been demanding grass, and producing nothing have now decided to get serious.
LML
LML

Return to “The Lounge”