Jobs to do at home while avoiding the Virus

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well its a good time to prune all the trees that make good perches. Then cut the prunings to perch size and change those in the avairy that are grotty, and store those not needed right now in a little used corner for later.
LML
LML
noah.till

I've been doing much the same as my advantage to the virus
Starting growing a large patch of seed for the birds which has sprouted and really has taken off
Best of all.........got to squeeze in a bit of fishing and shooting as a bit of enjoyment for these times
Downs Bird Breeders Association and Queensland Finch Society Member
2018 Australian Birdkeepers Magazine Young Birdkeeper
Javan Munia, Black Rumped Double bar and Aberdeen Breeding Project
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Decide to weed the back garden completely. A patch per day, suitable weeds into the aviarys, unsuitable weeds into the compost bin. Depending on your family/living circumstances, will give you and the birds satisfaction and/or make you popular with the spouse/parents.
LML
LML
elferoz777

uni work.............decided at 36 to finish my MPSYC
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other than going from two trips to the office a week to one trip to the office a week, my routine hasn't changed much at all.
elferoz777 wrote: 30 Mar 2020, 19:04 uni work.............decided at 36 to finish my MPSYC
Perfect time to do some studying, I guess. Good luck with it.
Brisbane_Finches_333

noah.till wrote: 29 Mar 2020, 18:56 I've been doing much the same as my advantage to the virus
Starting growing a large patch of seed for the birds which has sprouted and really has taken off
Yeah, same. I tried growing some red panicum in my mum's possum-proof veggie garden (anything we plant in the garden gets eaten by possums), but she made me transplant it to a large pot on the aviary walkway floor. I think I'll try the same with the rest of the seed mix. Also self-isolation has given me the time to work on some brush cylinders, usually there's too many people about but midday on a weekday is perfect for getting some down from the park because everyone's either at home or at work.
Aidan [] Junior Moderator [] Breeder of Native and Foreign Finches
Queensland Finch Society Member
2019 ABK Magazine Young Birdkeeper Winner
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Staying inside and avoiding the sandstorm that started about 5hrs ago. Weather mob said the rainstorm from the north and windstorm from the south would meet somewhere up the coast. But no rain here to speak of. Just an awful lot of fine dust coming in every little gap. Car in closed garage is coated in it. And the loud thump was half the Lilac tree (white cedar) going down to the south. (Thank goodness it didn't go east onto the avairys.) Big chainsawing job and a fence repair coming up.
LML
LML
noah.till

finchbreeder wrote: 24 May 2020, 17:09 Staying inside and avoiding the sandstorm that started about 5hrs ago. Weather mob said the rainstorm from the north and windstorm from the south would meet somewhere up the coast. But no rain here to speak of. Just an awful lot of fine dust coming in every little gap. Car in closed garage is coated in it. And the loud thump was half the Lilac tree (white cedar) going down to the south. (Thank goodness it didn't go east onto the avairys.) Big chainsawing job and a fence repair coming up.
LML
Stay safe FB, are sand storms common out your way? How do the birds cope?
Downs Bird Breeders Association and Queensland Finch Society Member
2018 Australian Birdkeepers Magazine Young Birdkeeper
Javan Munia, Black Rumped Double bar and Aberdeen Breeding Project
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This storm is being refered to as a once in 10yr. But I have lived here all my life and a once in 30yr would be more accurate. Birds and people alike try to find the most protected spot possible and hunker down. Though Mum reported a single swallow hanging on to her clothes line out in the open. Maybe it did not feel safe in the trees, the way they were thrashing arround. Winds got up to a gust of 130KM and it is still a little windy outdoors this morning. Rainfall in the district varied from 10 - 30 mls. Could have done with more. Luckily only 2 rooves reported off. One only 2 doors from Mums place. Power off for a couple of hours last night. Apparently a shed was lifted by the winds and hit a Power generator in Kalgoorlie. But that would have been a different area to us. So they would be having even more power outages.
LML
LML
Brisbane_Finches_333

Aidan [] Junior Moderator [] Breeder of Native and Foreign Finches
Queensland Finch Society Member
2019 ABK Magazine Young Birdkeeper Winner

Return to “The Lounge”