Skin issue?

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
fgang

I’m new on here, only for help with this situation. My bad if this is the wrong place to ask. Recently, my two zebra finches (one white, one brown) have been getting in a scuffle. The white one’s been ripping out the brown one’s feathers I assume to show dominance for the nest. While we’re figuring out how to handle their living situation, I put the brown one in a traveling cage to separate them and grow her feathers back. That was when I noticed god knows what this is. My family is insistent that it’s nothing and won’t take me to get it checked out “because vets don’t care about birds”. I can’t find anything online about this besides one person mentioning a ruptured air sac? I don’t know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Craig52

No that's just the crop and it's only visible because the feathers have been move. In time those feathers will grow back.
Finches don't have a stomach as such so the food is stored in the crop and slowly drops down to be digested.
Are you sure the white one is a male as whites are hard to sex, males have deep red bills and females bills are orange red.
Two females will fight.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Could the white one be wanting nesting material? Or have you already provided soft grasses for this purpose?
LML
LML

Return to “Finch Health”