Sharp breast bone

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
Eggburt

I've done some research, but I'm not finding anything that matches my finch's symptoms, so I thought maybe someone on here might have some advice.

I have two Gouldians, a male and a female, and I noticed last night they both have a somewhat sharp breastbone. They have both still been very active, eating and drinking normally, breathing normally, and their stool looks normal. The only reason I checked them was because they were sleeping on opposite sides of the perch which they never do. I also noticed the past two mornings, my female has not been with my male as he sings to her and does his little dance which is unusual for her since most every morning I see her over there watching him.
Besides that, everything seems to be normal which is why I'm so confused. I treat them both regularly with SCAAT, so I don't believe it could be airsac mites. They have a regular healthy and assorted diet, so I don't believe it has to do with that either.
I appreciate any advice or suggestions! I was going to attach images of their bellies, but it said the file was too large.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Do you worm them? It sounds like they could have worms taking the nutrients they need.
LML
Rod_L

If the birds are eating well but losing weight, deworm them immediately.
death to all cats & ants
LuckyPhil

It could be coccidiosis, which is sometimes known as ‘going light’. Usually the bird will lose weight even though they spend most of their time at the food bowl picking at food.

Return to “Finch Health”