Move zebra and canary from cool climate to hot

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
Karen

Hi
Hoping to get some opinions on how my zebra and canary might go if I moved from Toowoomba to Charters Towers, where it can be about 40C in the shade sometimes.
It is particularly the canary I am wondering about as I have known him to be panting here in Toowoomba at around 35/36C.
I wouldn't be able to rely on air conditioning all the time so I'm wondering if people think he (they) could adapt to a heavily shaded area, or similar.
Thank you
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am assuming that they always have a bath available to them through the summer? If so then they will be in the same position as my canaries and Zebs and other finches. Living where the temperature goes up to 40 in the shade, but with a cool bath available to them. The bath water should ideally be changed 2 x a day (mine is done by auto timer at 11AM and 3PM) Yes they tend to sit on the ground by the bath panting, in between dips, but they deal with it just fine.
LML
Karen

Thank you for your reply and sorry I didn't see it earlier - I thought I had set it up so I would receive email when someone replied so I assumed no one had.
That is great advice 👍

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”