I'm not sure if I have sick birds.

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
fitos100

Hello.

I started to involve with gouldians four years ago. I had 8 gouldians at the beginning and now I have over 50. All these years I lost only two, from unknown reasons to me. I readed a lot about these finches and spent many hours with them.
their diet: seeds by versele- laga, millet, fresh green, boiled egg, dry egg food, mealworms, oysters shell, charcoal.
vitamins in water by Aviform, Vitamina A+ by orniluck,
calcium by Nekton and vitamin E by Nekton just before breeding season.
On winter in my country (North hemisphere), I put them in breeding cages and on late spring, early Summer outside in the aviary.
Now about health, I treat them during the transportation
from inside to outside the aviary and the opposite, with pulmosan for mites. two times per year. Also I deworme them with expel ( im not sure if this thing actually work). I would like to hear your opinion about my routine.
Any way I have one question. Because I see my self almost crazy with these birds, sometimes I'm sitting and watch the aviary and notice most of the birds be very active all of the time which is what I want. But few of them sometimes look more quiet, just little puffed up, a little lethargic i can say. But after a while, they fly actively and eat normal and look fine. Is this a normal behavior?
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It sounds to me as if you are doing an excellent job and your birds are in fine health. They, like you, need occassional small inactive naps. Congratulations on doing so well with your Gouldians.
LML

Return to “Finch Health”