Aggressive native birds

Pop in and say G'day!
Once you have 1 approved post a lot more forum will become visible.
Legend2011

:wtf: Hi all, only new to this forum and planning on keeping finches and softbills which was a passion since l was a child.
Now retired, I have one major problem and that being over the past 20 years since living in the leafy inner eastern suburbs of Melbourne this area has been taken over by aggressive native Red wattlebirds, Pied Currawongs and the odd Butcher bird.
So much so that all native smaller birds, pardolottes, honeyeaters, silvereyes etc have all but vanished.
I have tried having moveable avairies on wheels and the moment they are taken outside so the birds can enjoy the morning sun these pests attack the finches to my distress within moments even trying to pull the distressed birds through the wire.....they do not give up until they succeed or ultimately put the finches in shock.
Can anyone suggest a solution as l dont feel its fair on the birds to never be exposed to the outside environment?
Wayne
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Plastic cover for the breezy days and cooler months. You put pegs on the cage to hold the plastic a bit out from the wire and that helps.
LML

Return to “Introduce Yourself”