Gday

Pop in and say G'day!
Once you have 1 approved post a lot more forum will become visible.
RodeoRoo

I'm fairly sure i was a member of this finch forum in the past.

Had zebra finches for many years living in my kitchen family room. They kept my elderly mum very entertained. And one year we had 4 baby's arrive. Three girls & one boy. Slowly over time they all passed away. Except for one Mr Brownie. Who spent his days chatting with my mum. Then she passed away & he can't figure out why she never returned. As I would go away & return. We spent lockdown together. But at the first opertunity i found him a friend at the nunawading bird shop. Something I didn't think at the time would work out. But the little male i brought home. Mr brownie didn't get territorial & they became best friends. But the last few weeks Mr brownie has become very quiet & now develop a head twitching. Mr brownie is a very old finch he has arthritis. But now when he pass away. I need to find someplace where the young male Snoopy can live out his life. I'm needing a break from having pets. As my bird's have lived in a heated home. Change to an outdoor Avery might be a problem ? Hopefully when this time arrive someone here in Melbourne can offer a kind comfortable home for my little male zebra Finch ? Cheers Scott
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Welcome to/back to the forum. Good of you to think of the little birds future.
Birds can keep a person young, my mother still tends hers and she will be 90 soon.
LML
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi there and welcome back to Aussie Finch Forum :)

Now is probably the best time to transition indoor birds to outside. The weather in spring should be quite mild, so they'll have plenty of time to slowly transition to the heat of summer and cold of winter.
RodeoRoo

Sadly Mr Brownie passed away this morning. Snoopy is now on his own sitting silent. He really needs to be with other zebra finches. He is a very sweet kind bird. But it would be cruel to make him live alone.
RodeoRoo

Ever slowly my remaining zebra finch is warming to a life without another zebra. Hopefully he will be happy ?
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As finches are flock birds, he would be happier with company. Bit like people really. We can live alone, and may even enjoy it sometimes. But not always and forever.
LML
RodeoRoo

Yes I fully understand that zebra finches like being in a group. Now mine has ended up on his own. What do you suggest I do open the cage let him fly away in my backyard. I very much doubt he would find another zebra or survive very long. He expects seed & water brought to him. I'm looking for a sympathetic Avery to take him & give him a loving life. But if that's not possible I'll do my best to make sure he gets plenty of human attention. As I'm unable to transform myself, so human is best I can do. Mr Brownie & his dad Mr squeaky were extremely human friendly.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry if I sounded in anyway critical. That was definitely not my intention. I understand your predicament, and that you are trying to do the right thing. Hence my 1st reply. Zebs are very easygoing little finches as mine like to remind me daily. Would you like someone on the Forum to rehome him for you? i would haplily help if I was in the right state.
LML
RodeoRoo

Yes I would love some help finding a new home for snoopy. He is trying his best to now adjust to the changed situation. But I'm feeling like it's being cruel. No matter home much love & support I give him. I'll miss his sweet nature! But I'll personally much happier knowing he is with other zebra finches. Doing what they do.

Cheers Scott

Return to “Introduce Yourself”