Hello all

Pop in and say G'day!
Once you have 1 approved post a lot more forum will become visible.
djb78

Hello all been a long time since I was last on have had many things happen over the years. Now I’m looking at coming back since I’ve gotten out of finches and canaries and thought I’ll just start skimming through all the info that’s probably changed since I was on last :wave:
Danny
Craig52

Welcome back Danny, let's see if we can get you back into it. It's a contagious hobby that we have. Cheers Craig
djb78

Thanks Craig yes that’s why I’m back due to it being contagious LOL. Looking at keeping it a bit more simple this time as last time got into to many different species which probably counteracted each other leading to issues. Just going to get into some frill canaries for shows and get into some gouldians
Danny
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome back to the forum. 8 years between posts must be some kind of record :)
djb78

Hello Shane yes like I said been busy, work slowed me down and having 6 kids also kept me really busy. My last Canary died about 4 years ago and haven’t had finches for about 6-7 years now. So now I surfing here to find new tips and tactics to start I’m gouldians and look at getting some good breeding stock to start off with. Going to do a small aviary for gouldians and a pair of drill canaries in a breeding box.
Danny
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Welcome back. You know you might as well build 2 avairies right from the get go. 1 for the Gouldians and 1 for the canaries. :silent:
LML
djb78

Hello finchbreeder still have the big aviary just at moment it’s holding chickens and pigeons and some kids things while I’m fixing up a coop and lofts/ breeding cages for pigeons. This time I’m splitting them up as I want frills and aviary might not be best so putting them in double breeding cages which would suit them best as these will hopefully make shows. Learning from last time. Just considering in future would young’s be alright in same cage of both? Something to ponder. Starting slow this time pair of frills to get young (Cross fingers) and a couple pair of gouldians, just working out what mutation. Glad to see many names I still remember.
Danny
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A few us ageless persons :lolno: are still arround. Mum and I find that keeping the young Gouldians and Canaries together works fine. I know some people worry about airsac mite. But we find this is not a problem if they are treated with Ivamec annually, or more frequently if necessary. Get the kids into keeping birds - it worked for my parents - a couple of decades back. :eh:
LML

Return to “Introduce Yourself”