Lebanese cucumbers

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
Harvey666

Hi I am having a bit of luck with my birds at the moment with quite a few young fledgling, but they are all under done so to speak, the only thing that I can think of is the amount of cucumber the birds have been taking,I was replacing this twice daily on some occasions , I believe there is not a lot of goodness in the cucumber anyone found this happening cheers Paul
Craig52

I don't think it's the cucumbers as they are just 95 % water. Lack of seeding grasses, soaked or sprouted seed could be the cause as well. Live food could a problem if they don't get it.
Weather conditions can have a huge effect on breeding birds, l don't know where you are but excessive rain doesn't help either.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is this just one sort of finch or all your finches?
LML
Harvey666

It’s happening with my lessers and blue caps, I have halved the amount to see what happens, have a few nest of young again so will see what happens
Harvey666

Hi all it’s been a while now since I first posted about my problems with young and blamed Lebanese cucumber,, I have now cured the problem it looks like it was a lack of vitamin D , I have been using hemp oil to use as a binder for my vitamin mix which doesn’t contain vitamin D ,have switched back to cod liver oil and Good oil with excellent results so lessen learnt cheers Paul

Return to “Finch Health”