Scaly legs treatment?

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
Diveks

So I just got a few gouldians to add to the aviary. Well one seems to not wanna use his left foot much. This bird came in with 3 other birds, how should i treat them, they also have 2 neighbors (different cage but beside theirs). Should i treat all the birds in the room? The one thats in the same cage/same breeder? Or just the affected bird? also they have really long nails, which i will be trimming before going in the aviary.
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg
(sorry not sure why the pictures upside down when i upload them)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Craig52

They nice birds but look very old. They have already had their nails trimmed but a while ago so might need a trim again.
So what I am saying is just leave them alone and get ready for the up coming season. You could rub a little bit of Vaseline on the legs just to soften them up a bit. Good luck with the breeding season.
Diveks

Craig52 wrote: 03 Nov 2022, 18:41 They nice birds but look very old. They have already had their nails trimmed but a while ago so might need a trim again.
So what I am saying is just leave them alone and get ready for the up coming season. You could rub a little bit of Vaseline on the legs just to soften them up a bit. Good luck with the breeding season.
Thanks you too! Yes they are pretty old, the reason i got them for cheap, I think i won't stress them out even more and just let them be, ill trim their nails once their quarantine is over and it's time to move them to the aviary.

Return to “Finch Health”