injured goldfinch needs a friend

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
beemo

so I have my little female goldfinch grungus who had a buddy slimeball who was male. a cat got into my house and killed slimeball and injured grungus, I took her to the vet, and it looks like she'll be okay but she is missing a few toes and stuff so she's never going to be 100% again, but I think she can still love a good life, she can perch and fly well still and is getting better by the day. I want to get her a new buddy so she's not alone but I'm worried about other goldfinches bullying her since she's weaker? I heard that society finches are very passive and kind by nature, so I was wondering if they'd be better companions to her since she is disabled now or other goldfinches? what do you guys think? I have just seen my goldfinches quarrelling over food and stuff, and it ended because one would fly away, but I just don't know how it would be if she couldn't fly away as fast... :notsure: :sob:
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If it was me I would get her either a Goldfinch or a Female Canary as a friend.
They are either her sort, or a very close type.
The Female suggestion is because they can cross and females are more available as they do not sing.
Society finches require a licence in WA (which having Goldfinches you will already have had to get) and seem a little harder to get at the moment.
I have had all 3 at various times and still have canaries and Societies (better known in Australia as Bengalese)
LML

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”