My Gouldian Finch is closing one eye

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you are going to clean them do the whole perch. Better to over than under do when it comes to cleaning.
LML
farsouth

:yawn: Hi, i totally agree..i will do one at a time..we use stainlee steel water bowls but the vet said plastic bowls are best with doxy. do you guys know why?...i mean changing the bowls will course stress but i want the doxy to work well also ....He also said the chlorsig drops was a good idea so i will do both eyes now even when the first eye is getting better..but i dont think she is going to like them...i hope these posts helps others also...He was a really good vet and was happy with what he said..He said the doxy also helps with inflammation if she has any near the eye....he said the chlorsig eye drops are better then the chlorsig ointment so i guess i will do that...i will keep you guys updated....thankyou so much for all the help... :upsidown: :raspberry: :happy:
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think the chemical in the medication may react with metal, but not 100% sure.
LML
farsouth

Oh that makes total sense ...He also said no green vegies and grit with the doxy and i think its something to do with the calcium also.. thankyou...i also found it really easy to buy syringes at the chemist (small) without the needle and put a smaller drop in her eye so she doesnt rub it to much due to it being a smaller drop and its working really well and you can put a smaller or bigger drop as you like..I have taken out her main two perches and cleaned them and used a hair dryer also to dry them and the others i will leave for now and just use boiling water on the tops as she got stressed out alot ..but i still may do them if i see her getting better....off to but plastic water bowls now....im sure she will love that...kylie
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Green vegies while good for the health, go through the gut faster, so do not allow the medication to work as well. Grit I had never heard of being a problem.
LML
farsouth

:problem: So freya was on chlosig for seven days and finished it 3 days ago and at two times a day and on doxy for fourteen days which she has six days left and she is more active now which i didn't think she was any different but looking now i can see...but i have noticed she is closing each eye on and off at different times in the day..but is her normal self..worried about the eyes again but will see if this doxy helps ...all her perches have been cleaned and i still wipe them over with boiling water each day.. keep you guys updated :think: :yawn: :notsure:

Return to “Finch Health”