Lilac Gouldian

Includes Species Profile.
ZODIAC

Hi Fellow Bird Breeders.
Your opinions would be greatly received on the following.

Background.
I breed in a large aviary and my once a year job of catching all the birds and sorting for my next breeding season, and for sale, has just been completed. Last season I bred and have survived 90 offspring. I do not have any Lilac breasted birds
To my surprise I have 2 birds which have distinctly Lilac breast ie they are almost white but over all coloured with purple. I am assuming that they are Lilac but I haven't as yet found a definitive likeness on the web. Picture attached. Note the one i'm calling Lilac is a Cock bird.

Questions.
Now the questions can someone confirm the photo is a Lilac Breast?
and, I also have three other white breasted birds that have speckles of lilac but are basically white. I have tried to photograph but without success as they appear white. Are these birds split Lilac and will at the next moult, become white or become lilac or stay as they are?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr Tino

You need to remove from your aviary and they will polute your purple breast and white breast and bird would bad bud.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This cock bird could be a licac breasted OR what most people refer to as a poor white.
This and those you have described as having lilac patches on the white are probably poor whites.
They are not popular with many breeders, as shown from the above comment.
While some people love the lilac colour - those with the patchiness, are not popular and are harder to sell.
Your call on what you choose to breed and keep.
Personally I think he is a beautiful bird.
LML

Return to “Gouldian”