Locations

Get help with forum issues or make a suggestion.
E Orix

Can the site be updated to show the district where members live.
I do not mean their actual address but some idea,South Sydney,Wagga,Bendigo etc.
It would assist in a number of ways,wants,for sale or requests for help as areas differ greatly
Diane

I dont know if the forum can make it so a new member has to put a general location at the point of joining. At the moment that is a choice and up to the member to fill in.

I can understand both sides, it makes it far easier to help a forum member if they have put in their location, but I can also understand a members reluctance to pin point themselves.
All we can do is help the forum members to feel comfortable with us so they feel happy about revealing where their general location.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
Mickp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

At present the location part of a members profile is optional.
I fully agree with your reasoning though, it would certainly make things easier.
When you say 'district' do you mean for example: council district?
Maybe we could use something similar to the agricultural dept of each state.
Mick.
Finch addict and rodent hater.
E Orix

It really doesn't matter where or what place they nominate as long as you have some reasonable idea of their location.
The secrecy part is at times carried on too far.Most of the collections are not worth serious bird thieves time anyway.Stupid people maybe
I have a reasonable collection and I still let people into see my collection,infact last Sunday there was a bus full here on an aviary visit.
The important part is not the thieves knowing your address it is how difficult you make unwanted entries.
I have taken those steps and refuse to be concerned knowing that access will be detected rapidly.
When we were in Adelaide the weekend before last there were aviary visits on the Saturday. The four in my car were reasonably well know avis who had
no idea of addresses in Adelaide relying on a GPS. When I was handed a piece of paper saying turn left, then right etc to a house and the next directions were the same
I simply asked for the addresses of the collections to feed them into the GPS. The reaction was dismay and I got the impression that he thought we were going to come back later and clean out the collections. Luckily a local guided us to the first two then we retired for lunch not bothering to follow their literature to the next two.
Buzzard-1

I've got two BIG dogs who aren't prejudice they will tear the legs off anyone.
Diane

My son is living with us at the moment while his house is being built and he has an American Staffy called Justice, and that is what any burglar will get if they get over the fence.....Justice! :D
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think I would trust a stranger more than the new additions to the neighborhood..... Wasnt that a good idea to pull down the Gordon Estate and rehome the residents in the community ( sarcasm ).... :(
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My mother had, I admit very poor security, when she lost hundreds of dollars of birds to thieves back in 2002, but the breeding register (book) was even harder to handle. And yes the choice of what was stolen, how quickly and efficently it was done made it obvious it was someone who had visited recently. A very generous and trusting lady of mature years had her faith in humanity severly tarnised. And a prompt major upgrade of security. My family is very well know here, and my name as the few people who know it are aware is kind of unique. I'm happy to have what I do on here and talk (PM) to people as apropriate. But am cautious. I think this applies to many others too.
LML
LML
Darren_T

Hi all i don't have a problem saying which Suburb i live in. But each to there own. I was think at least say what state you live in. To
save a little bit of time. That my 2 cents in.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Di I think justice needs to teach Axle the wonder dog how to be a watch dog , he is American Staffy but thinks he is a bloody poodle ...The princess ( shitzu x ) has got more nads then him .
Now for real security Marley the part time Super Sausage dog has got them all licked around here ...god they are all ruined :lol:
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent

Return to “Forum Issues, Feedback & Suggestions”