hi im trying to breed finchs..

Pop in and say G'day!
Once you have 1 approved post a lot more forum will become visible.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just don't put any nests in the big avairy. And then when they are in there they will have a resting period from breeding. That is what I do with my Zebs. Not what I used to do. But back then I went from 6 to 60 very quickly. Sounds like you have the right idea.
LML
LML
amalan11

hi..cannt belive I hadnt thought of that..if I just watched out for when the babies fledged I could just take nest and problem solved .I will just have to make sure they dont have eggs in there.I once brought zebs years ago from a guy with a big avery and he was pointing out babies in the nests..I asked how he knew not to sell me the parents as he was in catching zebs to sell.He said"oh you cannot tell,i have enough it dosnt matter if some babies die,thats life" I felt so gulty I just cannot be so hard...
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It is very hard, but after many years, you realise that you are better off puting them in an avairy with no nest to rest. And risking leaving good eggs to have young die in shell than to breed the parents to an early death, which they will do if you don't control them.
LML
LML
kanje

Good luck with the breeding. I had Zebras some years ago and they were very social birds and very good breeders. Your numbers will multiply very quickly if they have plenty of nests. I wuld suggest you give the breeding couples some resting time by removing all nests and nesting materials, this helps breeding stronger healthier birds.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”