King Quail Mutations

Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

silver brown? what's that? they look like normal silver to me.
That's a cinnamon red breasted, interesting birds I had some silver RBs once
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
Quail Dale

Jayburd wrote:silver brown? what's that? they look like normal silver to me.
That's a cinnamon red breasted, interesting birds I had some silver RBs once
Hi Jayburd,
The SilverBrown is a combination of the Recessive Silver with a Recessive Brown mutation, I don't use other names for a combination. Some people call the sex-link cinnamon and recessive silver combination "Ivory" and thehammer call them "Cream" and I just call them CinnamonSilver (no space), if it was a Cinnamon split Silver I would write it as Cinnamon/Silver.

If you call a bird by it's mutations then it makes it easier for every one. Like if someone buys an "Ivory" hen bird and breeds it to a silver cock bird, they're not going to bred any "Ivory" birds. They will bred silver hens and silver/cinnamon cocks or if they breed it to a cinnamon they will get all cinnamon/silvers.

The only combination name I use is albino, because people don't see a LutinoBlue bird.

I also found a good photo of a Silver Red Breasted male and it is different to my one, but only in the chin markings. http://button-quail.tripod.com/id4.html

Dale
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The only difference I see between your bird and theirs is the lighting the photo was taken in. Yours in bright light which shows up the lightness of the bird and theirs in poor light which does not.
LML
LML
Quail Dale

finchbreeder wrote:The only difference I see between your bird and theirs is the lighting the photo was taken in. Yours in bright light which shows up the lightness of the bird and theirs in poor light which does not.
LML
The bib is different, and I haven't see a good photo of a bird form the USA yet, and the light look different as they keep their birds inside.

This is the young brown from in the above posts, that in now a bit older.
Brown2.JPG
And the little male SilverBrown from above
WhiteQuail2.JPG
I noticed thishen had more brown than the other hens I have.
Dark Hen.JPG

Dale
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pic 1: normal cinnamon hen
Pic 2: Red Breasted silver cock
Pic 3: dark brown hen
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

With the cinnamon is it normal for them to look a bit wishy washy , mine has that same patchy looking feathering almost like there 2 layers of colours.

When I look at quail mutations and then at normals I wish I had of bought normals , the have beautiful colours in them .

I bought a pair of Diamond Doves last week 1 normal and 1 silver , again I wish I had both normals .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quite a lot of the cinnamons I breed look like that when they are young. Mostly they even up with their adult moult.
LML
LML
Quail Dale

jusdeb wrote:With the cinnamon is it normal for them to look a bit wishy washy , mine has that same patchy looking feathering almost like there 2 layers of colours.

When I look at quail mutations and then at normals I wish I had of bought normals , the have beautiful colours in them .

I bought a pair of Diamond Doves last week 1 normal and 1 silver , again I wish I had both normals .
finchbreeder wrote:Quite a lot of the cinnamons I breed look like that when they are young. Mostly they even up with their adult moult.
LML
As I said in the first post
Quail Dale wrote:
I also have a pair that produces cinnamon looking chick but as both parents are normal looking and the first one was a male I believe it to be recessive mutation.
This cinnamon hen is from this pair, I was hoping is was a male. The mother is sitting on eggs that are not to far of hatching, and I hope they get a male is this colour again as I lost the first one. As cinnamon can only be sex-linked then this mutation is not cinnamon. I do have sex-linked cinnamon king quail.

I also have diamond doves in 4 mutations.

Dale
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:?:
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
spanna

the cockbird can be split to cinnamon and still produce cinnamon hen offspring with a normal hen partner... sex linked genes are the opposite in birds than humans, so it sounds like you just have a split cinnamon cockbird to me. if you DID produce a male cinnamon, then it would be a different form of cinnamon. but i haven't heard of this before.

Return to “Poultry & Game Birds”