red brows

Normal and lesser Red Browed.
Includes Species Profile.
crazy cuban

just wanting some info about these birds

all info welcome
CC
gomer

They are light sitters,Sometimes you wont know they are even sitting,They prefer to nest in brush such as tea tree,Can be hard to sex.Are a timid bird in the aviary.They like a lot of live food when available Maggots or meal worms are relished.Unfortunately some wild birds seem to find there way into aviary's,As some other specie do,So buy from a reputable breeder to avoid this.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
spanna

great little birds, quite social, but some males becomes a little agro at breeding time, should be fine if aviaries are a decent size. will usually only nest in living bushes! but that being said, i have had 2 pairs nest in dried brush. mine love their maggots and green seed when breeding, especially the green seeds. love to build nests from green grasses too, usually quite long pieces around 30 or 40 cm. will not tolerate nest inspection at all.
Buzzard-1

Totally agree with Spanna I have mine with Diamonds as you basically treat them the same bit hard to get going but once you do they go well.
BENSONSAN

I love mine...same as everyone else has said. Mine love maggots a greens such as bok choy also any seeding grasses are relished. There are gorgeouse bird. They are my fav.

Ben

Return to “Red Browed”