Yellow star displaying again

Includes Species Profile.
flap

I noticed that the stars were up to their old tricks getting in and out of nests etc. Nothing concrete though. I think ours did have one or two fertile eggs but they abandoned the nest at the time. Our OBs are raising a clutch of ?3. Hoping that this time they will get them to fledge..We have decided not to interfere and let nature take its course either way. they are no longer sitting but have seen dad in the nest periodically. sometimes chicks seem pretty lethargic but other times stretching their necks demanding food and they seem pretty strong. in the other aviary, Gouldians very curious around nest boxed and going in and out so we will wait and see. Most of the hens seem to have fully coloured beaks now so won't be long hopefully. We are still removing the quail eggs for now so things pretty quiet on that front.
flaP
flap

I noticed that the stars were up to their old tricks getting in and out of nests etc. Nothing concrete though. I think ours did have one or two fertile eggs but they abandoned the nest at the time. Our OBs are raising a clutch of ?3. Hoping that this time they will get them to fledge..We have decided not to interfere and let nature take its course either way. they are no longer sitting but have seen dad in the nest periodically. sometimes chicks seem pretty lethargic but other times stretching their necks demanding food and they seem pretty strong. in the other aviary, Gouldians very curious around nest boxed and going in and out so we will wait and see. Most of the hens seem to have fully coloured beaks now so won't be long hopefully. We are still removing the quail eggs for now so things pretty quiet on that front.
flaP

Return to “Star”