Unexpected Surprise

Includes Species Profile.
regalado95

Their is something weird going on, its been a week now since my gouldians don't sit on their babies, but the babies are being fed and growing bigger. Those any body know why?
Mickp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

about a week after the chicks have hatched the parents only go into the nest to feed the young, they dont sit in there with them.
the body heat generated by the young at this time is enough to keep them warm during the night
Mick.
Finch addict and rodent hater.
regalado95

Thank you Mickp... I was starting to get a little worry their. Thanks again.
In that case I should be showing you guys some pictures in about two weeks... I can hear from my house the little guys asking for food right now they are really big and have open their eyes.
regalado95

The little fellers are bigger now, they have their feather and lucky for me this pair has let me take little peeks inside the nest. So far I only know that one is going to have a yellow back and the other one has a green back. :) I can't wait to see them flying around the avairy, I say they'll be out the nest in no time. I can't wait to take some pics and show them to you.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Congratulations, glad to hear it.
Unfortunately my Cuban hen is not sitting on eggs, found her body :(
This hobby can be depressing sometimes.
Will just have to grumble lots and go and get the poor chap a new wife and hope for better luck this time.
LML
LML
Diane

Looking forward to the pics Reg

So sorry for the loss Laureen
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits

Return to “Gouldian”