Wanted

finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Netsurfer wrote:
finches247 wrote:Congratulations !!! Great Work :thumbup: :clap:
Thanks finches247, what I wouldn't do for a pair of Stephens Island Wrens! :) Just kidding!
Netsurfer They would be incredibly hard to get as its illegal to keep and breed all native softbills species in New Zealand.You can only keep silvereyes and a few foriegn softbills.We will have to leave that one as a dream to keep.But instead I have the baby Red Polls and Yellow Hammers colouring up at moment.and can trap in my finch trap about 10 Yellow Hammers a day never trapped a Redpoll as there not local there further south but got plenty of Red Poll in my largest aviary.
Netsurfer

finches247 wrote:
Netsurfer wrote:
finches247 wrote:Congratulations !!! Great Work :thumbup: :clap:
Thanks finches247, what I wouldn't do for a pair of Stephens Island Wrens! :) Just kidding!
Netsurfer They would be incredibly hard to get as its illegal to keep and breed all native softbills species in New Zealand.You can only keep silvereyes and a few foriegn softbills.We will have to leave that one as a dream to keep.But instead I have the baby Red Polls and Yellow Hammers colouring up at moment.and can trap in my finch trap about 10 Yellow Hammers a day never trapped a Redpoll as there not local there further south but got plenty of Red Poll in my largest aviary.
That was a joke I was hoping someone had read the shocking story about the disappearance of "Stephens Island Wren" one family and their cat had caused in 1900. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephens_Island_Wren
But there is another specie on South Island the "New Zealand Rockwren" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Island_Wren
The other still in existance is the New Zealand "Bushwren" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushwren

Great to hear about the Redpolls and the Yellow Hammers I am still hoping to find a pair here.
Last edited by Netsurfer on 01 Oct 2012, 04:53, edited 1 time in total.
Netsurfer

vettepilot_6 wrote:Very informative Netsurfer....great problem solving too :thumbup: ....Would love to get some when large aviary is finished :thumbup:
You are in Childers that's in Queensland, WWW are licensed birds I think they are illegal to keep in Queensland but I may be mistaking them with the Red-backed Wrens. Anyhow if they're OK to keep, let me know whenever you're ready! :thumbup:
Tintola

WWW are ok in Qld, Red-backed are illegal :? Go figure that out. :roll:
OH LORD, SAVE ME FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS!Image
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Beauty they are going on my to get list, along with Crimsons, Diamond Firetails..Not sure what Weaver to get yet.. :think:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
GregH

Netsurfer those wrens are fantastic and I love your website too with its warts'n'all avicultural learning experiences. I hope you found mates for those birds.
Danny

If you end with any spare hens please keep me in mind as I have a lonely cockbird sitting here.

Danny
Netsurfer

Danny wrote:If you end with any spare hens please keep me in mind as I have a lonely cockbird sitting here.

Danny
Can't work them out, the original hen I got of Gary produced mostly cocks and this new hen the last season produced 7 hens 2 cocks.

The first lot are doing just fine. She's on her second clutch already, will see what comes out this time around. :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice Pics and Fledglings :thumbup: :clap:
Netsurfer

And here are two 14 day old WWW and a little younger (hatched on the 1 of Dec) Red-backed Fairy Wrens banded today, they're hard to photograph, next time I'll put them all in a large glass jar hopefully they will be willing to pose for a photo or two! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “White Winged Wren”