More Info

Includes Species Profile
Pete Sara
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Do you realize that the goldies you bought from birdworld were probably wild caught from victoria......they have seen a few miles......
bleeding green

I've got a pair in my aviary, though I think they might be both males. I wanted them as there ar eplenty of wild birds flying around and I was hoping they would call and attract the wild goldfinches into my yard. So far no luck, but I might start to see some wild young flying around soon.
They are shy birds and can be difficult to breed. Prabably because some many of them are wild caught.
A gold finch canary cross while being infertile is popular becuase of their strong song. They can looka bit dull but when crossed to a true red factor canary and fed colour enhancer are a very nice bird as well.
nirep

Bleeding green have you tried sowing sunflower seed in your garden it might get them coming around once the flowers are mature.They look great in flower anyway.
Nick Nolan

Sexing Goldies can be tricky,yes the red face mask known as the,Blaze,extends beyond the eye of the cock,but well coloured hens have been known to show this colouring aswell,the one foolproof method of sexing Goldfinches is to look at the bristles at the base of the beak,they will be coal black in cocks of any age,and a more greyish brown in hens,a very reliable method :thumbup:

Return to “Goldfinch”