Feed for gouldian chicks

Includes Species Profile.
flap

We are not 100% but think we can hear chicks in our gouldian aviary. Also noticed some of the birds are flapping and swooping which they don't usually do which would confirm our thoughts. No idea how many (not even certain which of the nest boxed they are in for that matter). These would be our first gouldian chicks ever, so not sure what they need foodwise. We have seed there, and this morning put in egg biscuit as well. is there anything else the parents might need at this stage? Thank you for any advice.
:)
flaP
Buzzard-1

Gouldians are a fairly basic bird young wise, offer them some cucumber in small amounts and green seed heads if you have access to some generally egg and biscuit and seed.
cranberry

My Gouldians are not interested in egg & biscuit. All they like is seed (both green and dry) and some silverbeet, particularly the stalks. That's about it and the babies seem to be going well.
Freddy Finchman

Hi Flab,
I,m in the same boat as you !! Ive just bred my first " Gould's " they are about 3 days old, What the parent birds are feeding them only seems to be seed and greens, [ Mixed lettuce and Leb cucumber ] Ive tried giving them meal worms, egg mix , grated egg , etc, but they won,t touch it. I was stressing out at first but now the babies seem to be sounding fine, so i'll see what happen,s. :crazy:
Cheers Freddy.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Green seed heads are the thing they seem to want when they have young. Good luck. Busy putting mine in their own avairy in the hope they will go to nest as all are looking in fine fettle.
LML
LML

Return to “Gouldian”